Not logged in? Join one of the largest Car Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Will pontiac ever come back?

Pontiac Car Discussion

Postby sewati19 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 am

ive heard how the GOV(Government) is in control of GM by about i believe 60%. so once GM can pay the whatever they have to pay back can they have Pontiac come back? people said that they can do just that, they just have to pay back the GOV. so what do you guys think about this can they bring pontiac back? many people say pontiac is dead but anyone ever think it could just be in say a "vegetative state"? seems and looks like its dead but it could still have life in it. Pontiac can come back in a performance brand since the G8 was a really cool 4 door car, the could have made one thats even faster beating the hell out of the new 2010-2011 mustangs or Subaru's. What do you guys think?
sewati19

Postby carney7 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 am

In my opinion mostlikly yes GM will bring Pontiac back eventually, right now GM has just quit production on Pontiac's GM has not once said Pontiac's dead for good GM only said their quitting production on Pontiac and it is because of the us government (Obama") that GM had to choose what brand to cut Gm's first recovery plan would of kept Pontiac as a nitch brand and GM as a 5 brand company instead of 4 brand and GM wouldn't sell the Pontiac name just like GM wouldn't sell the Oldsmobile name back in 2002 because GM will bring back Pontiac and iv heard estimated around 2020 and GM knows what their doing GM know's they made mistakes and GM knows it will be a huge mistake on their part to never bring Pontiac back. And their are petitions online you can sign right now to bring Pontiac back. At http://www.savingpontiac.org/ and IV heard the Genral motors corporation plans on mothballing the Pontiac brand when their financially able......And the government will have no control over on how many brands GM can have after 2016 because GM will have the loan repayed. And GM will beable to what they want so in my opinion . Pontiac will make a comeback maybe as just a high end performance brand but its just going to take time!! And this is for the people talking trash about my post this is my opinion only so quit talkin crap you have your opinion I have my opinion leave it at that nobody knows forsure but GM if Pontiac will be brought back or not and everyone's intilted to their opinion so stop trying to start crap GM has said nothing really about Pontiac everything everybody knows including me about pontiac's fate is just hear say. Gossip and opinions NOT FACTS!! Nobody knows forsure if GM will make a Pontiac car again or not!!
carney7

Postby burt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 am

As Scarlet O'Hara said, "It's gone! Gone with the wind". When I was a kid there were car companies named: Hudson, Nash, Kaiser, Fraser, Studebaker, Crosley, Plymouth, Mercury, Willys, and Desoto. They're all gone and they'll never be back. Pontiac is just the latest casualty.
burt

Postby sewati19 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 am

The Pontiac brand is discontinued and not coming back. The government has nothing to do with it.
sewati19

Postby gruffudd58 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 am

The G8 will live on in a way (as a re-badged Chevrolet) but the rest of Pontiac I'm afraid is gone for good.
gruffudd58

Postby manton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 am

Maybe we can, and Oldsmobile too.
manton

Postby douglas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am

all we can do is pray
douglas

Postby cydney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 am

all we can do is pray
Pontiac COULD come back, but it won't. It was a poor decision to eliminate them, especially over GMC, which serves only to leech off all the other brands, mostly Chevrolet. And back in the day, Pontiac WAS the performance brand. But once again, GM had to be stupid, and they ran the company poorly and confused the brand identity. Pontiac was on its way back to the top with the G8 and the G8 ST, but GM had to eliminate them. Some key mistakes: Eliminating established and popular names, and replacing them with the generic sounding "G___" nameplate. Sure, the cars are all really the same basic thing underneath it all, but consumers like names. And they like established names. The G8 should have been a Grand Prix, the G6 should have been a Grand Am, the G5 shouldn't have existed... Another mistake: Too many weak cars from the supposed "excitement" brand of GM. The G3 was a boring car, and so was the G5. The G6 was decent in some higher trim levels, and the G8 was good. The Torrent was good for what it was, and I suppose the Vibe made sense coming from Pontiac.
cydney

Return to Pontiac