Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Timing Issue On 96 Plymouth Breeze?

Plymouth Car Discussion

Postby Pickford » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 pm

i just did a head gasket on a 96 plymouth breeze with a 2.0 engine. When I got to the timing I would get the factory marks lined up perfect, then when I would start the car the the cam shaft pulley would be significantly off when i would get the crank pulley spot on. I have the hydrolic tensioner on there and the belt is tight. thanks for you time
Pickford

Postby Binean » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:36 pm

when you removed your head you didn't have your engine at top dead center, therefore it will throw your timing off, your best thing to do is take it to a garage and get the timing done by a professional.
Binean

Postby connlaoi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 pm

How do you alter the battery of a 1996 Plymouth Breeze? In: Plymouth Breeze answer i be attentive to the battery is in the back of the driving force factor front wheel, get rid of the wheel, then get rid of the conceal that guards from water, and there that's...
connlaoi

Postby Lundy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:33 am

Try removing the #1 spark plug and using a wooden stick to get the cylinder up at the top, by turning the engine in small amounts until the stick is the furthest out.

The #1 cylinder is usually on the passenger side, or front of an engine.

That's when the crank mark can be lined up with the cam mark.

Or get someone who has done this before to come to visit you and help.

Otherwise, have your mechanic call for a tow, he gets a flat rate.

Since most of the work is done, it shouldn't be expensive to have the timing set.
Lundy

Return to Plymouth