Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Should I Sell Truck And Buy Car?

Pontiac Car Discussion

Postby Frika » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Well i want to sell my truck. Its old, 2wd, small, and single cab. I dont use it for truck purposes and id rather have a car. It gets bad gas mileage. The only problem with buying a car is id have to use up all my money to get one, at least most of my money. Im 18 and have worked the past 3 summers and has saved around $9k. I want a nice car, not a $3,000 POS. I was thinking pontiac g6's. Yes or no?
Frika

Postby Bhreac » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 pm

If I have been you i might sell your truck and get a 4 cylinder automobile to save on gasoline exceptionally for a tuition pupil such as you. You will discover some just right watching and trustworthy cars that are gasoline effective similar to a Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Honda Civic, Honda Accord, and the automobiles that you just acknowledged as well. If that you may have the funds for the car payments then great however one can find various used cars as good and now not pay almost as so much.
Bhreac

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:34 am

I'll assume the truck is paid for? If so, sit down and calculate how much fuel you use during an average week or month and see how much money you would save if you owned a car (since you mentioned a G6, research what average G6 owners report their fuel mileage to be).
Also take a look at insurance to see if there would be any savings there or if you would need to pay more for a car.

Once you start looking at the numbers, unless you rack up some serious mileage, you'll often find that keeping your current vehicle turns out to be the cheaper option.
Russell

Postby Malachy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 am

Yes.
Malachy

Return to Pontiac