Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Looking At Getting A Honda Vfr 800 Interceptor?

Suzuki Car Discussion

Postby Arnon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 am

I'm 17 I currently have a vstar 650. I like it a lot but I want something with a bit more power and maneuverability, but I also want something I can do some long distance traveling on. Is the VFR a comfortable bike. Also does it have too much power? I had a buddy with a little Suzuki GS500f sport bike and he let me ride it a bit I liked it but I don't think I could do much long distance riding on it enjoyably. Also would insurance be bad on a VFR since it's sport touring?
Arnon

Postby mackinley » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 pm

At 17 years old your insurance will kill you if your bike doesn't but to answer your question -

The V-Star is more comfortable for a longer ride than the VFR but it will take longer to ride that longer ride. Push/shove kind of trip - longer time in the saddle but better comfort on the longer trip.

But to change the subject a little and a different bike altogether, have a look at the Suzuki V-Strom 650. Great bike for the cost, easier to insure, gets better mpg and will scoot pretty good for what they are.
mackinley

Postby Jacqueleen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Too much bike for your experience level.
Check out the 650 vstorm, BMW boxers, Triumph Bonneville, really there are alot of great bikes out there for you, but hold off on the horsepower for a bit more.
Jacqueleen

Postby Ebenezer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:12 am

Check into insurance costs FIRST.
If insurance is reasonable, it's a great bike.
"Sport bikes-don't last very long" is incorrect.
Sport-bikes tend to lead hard lives, so don't blame the bikes! The VFR, however, is not a sport-bike, it's more of a sport-tourer.
100,000 miles is possible in the right owner's hands.
It's one of the most versatile bike made, an excellent combination of reasonable engine performance, comfort and handling.
Ebenezer

Postby Azareel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 am

The VFR is a sport touring bike and have decent power, and like any Honda or other motorcycle they will last a life time if taken care of properly and as far as insurance goes just check with the company you are currently with it may surprise you the cost may not be as bad as you think. The VFR is a decent bike to ride on longer trips as well. Suzuki has the V-storm and Bandit versions, Yahama has the FZR and the FJ 1100 series, and Kawasaki has the ZZR line up and the Ninja 650 which is s sport touring bike as well.
Azareel

Return to Suzuki