Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

I Need Help Identifying An Automotive Problem.?

Oldsmobile Car Discussion

Postby Askuwheteau » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:36 am

I drive a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue. The odometer reading is 92,000 miles. Set aside from bad spark plugs, and an oil problem; the car has something wrong with it that I can't seem to identify.

I was riding on the highway and I heard the engine rev up as if I had thrown it in neutral but it was still in drive. Tried shifting through all gears and the car would not budge once I got the side of the road. I waited about ten minutes, turned the car on and it moved for a tenth of a mile before the problem re-occurred. It occurred another six times, which meant I had to wait a certain amount of time before I was able to drive it. I added oil, checked the belt, but it still won't move after a few minutes of being started! Please help!!!
Askuwheteau

Postby Botwolf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 am

Ken is full of bull.

James has it right.
Botwolf

Postby Talbott » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 am

Hello JR

You have a bad transmission oil pump. When your oil heats up its thins out and your pump can't pump it through. After you wait the transmission oil cools down the thickens again and the pump can handle it until it heats up again. You're going to have to know a good transmission mechanic as a friend. Be cause most shops want to do total rebuilds which is going to cost you. A used transmission with a

30 to 60 day warranty might be a less costly alternative. Good Luck BS
Talbott

Return to Oldsmobile