Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Can Anyone Give Me Some Essay Topics Or Ideas For A Paper On Early Modern And Medieval Misogyny?

Rover Car Discussion

Can Anyone Give Me Some Essay Topics Or Ideas For A Paper On Early Modern And Medieval Misogyny?

Postby Dicky » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 am

I need to do a 10 page paper for my early modern and medieval women's literature class. I can't seem to come up with an interesting enough topic to do it on. I think, though I'm not 100% sure, I can perhaps write about anything on the topic of women's rights, misogyny, misogyny in other cultures--just as long as it deals with social topics concerning women, I think it;s good. But I would prefer something concerning with the time period just to be on the safe side. For class the books we used were Women Defamed Woman Defended by Alcuin Blamires, Showings by Julian of Norwich and The Book of Margery Kempe by Margery Kempe, works by Elizabeth I, Jane Anger, Mary Sidney Herbert, Rachel Speght, Anne Stagg, Bathsua Makin and Amelia Lanyer. Elizabeth Cary's The Tragedy of Mariam, Lady Mary Wroth's Pamphilia to Amphithanthus, poetry by Katherine Philips, plays by Margaret Cavendish including The Convent of Pleasure, Love's Adventures, Bell in Campo, and Plays by Aphra Behn including The Rover, The Lucky Chance, Oroonoko and the Widow Ranter.

2 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

For works and writers used in the Blamires' book, I've pasted a link below where after you arrive on the page you can click the picture of the book to look inside and find the table of contents. It gives you a list of what authors and what works of theirs was used or referenced to in Blamires' book.

http://www.amazon.com/Woman-Defamed-Defended-Anthology-Medieval/dp/0198710399/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292040488&sr=8-1
Dicky

Return to Rover