Welcome to Car-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Can an illegal immigrant buy a car?

Discuss Car Insurance

Postby joseba » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 am

Please do not comment on how much you hate illegals because I just want this question answered, I don't want to hear your thoughts on immigrants. Thanks. Okay, my friend wants to buy a new car, someone who is a US Citizen is going to the dealership and putting the car in credit for him. This US citizen is than transferring the car into my friends name, and my friend is going to pay this person off. We live in Maryland, and my friend has a valid drivers license since you used to be allowed to get it before April 2010. He has a car of his own right now and insurance on it and it is registered into his name. I was just wondering is their will be any problems with transferring the car onto his name?
joseba

Postby elija24 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 am

His license will be ending soon and who ever is doing this needs to be reported for aiding and abetting an illegal which is a felony. 5 years in jail and a fine of $250,000. These people work no such thing!!! I see daily what they are doing and I do not collect welfare!! I am a teacher and you need educated on the dangers of these people!! He will not be able to keep his insurance once his license expires and he will be driving illegally!! They need deported because of the cost, crime and disease!! You must be the one living at home. lol and probably still in high school.
elija24

Postby carney7 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 am

His license will be ending soon and who ever is doing this needs to be reported for aiding and abetting an illegal which is a felony. 5 years in jail and a fine of $250,000. These people work no such thing!!! I see daily what they are doing and I do not collect welfare!! I am a teacher and you need educated on the dangers of these people!! He will not be able to keep his insurance once his license expires and he will be driving illegally!! They need deported because of the cost, crime and disease!! You must be the one living at home. lol and probably still in high school.
You better check the law! lmao, he cannot renew it without rproper documentation and these criminals do not have that unless they are committing another crime.
carney7

Postby rodge67 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

As soon as the car is transferred into his name he will illegally be on the road.Without a ITN number or valid SS number he can not get legal insurance or tags for his car or even legal license plates.So yes he can buy a car but if he ever gets pulled over he is in deep trouble and so would be anybody that is in the car with him.What illegals do is buy and sell them to each other.But that's illegal as well.Many are stolen with stolen plates on them.Our Government hard at work for we the people....yeah right.
rodge67

Postby barklie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:51 am

When a person buys a car on credit, a lien is put on the title. This means that the car cannot be sold or given to another person until the loan is paid off or transferred into the name of the new owner through the dealership or the bank. Your friend needs to go together with the US citizen to the dealer to ask about establishing legal ownership of the car.
barklie

Postby jaques » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 am

an illegal cannot get a D/L or insurance

the Us citizen friend can buy it for him ..I presume they will pay cash for it ..

the problem will arise when you tranfer the car ..and of course pay the taxes
the illegal cannot produce any document so no transfer
it will, end in tears of course
jaques

Postby rodrik » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:01 am

I won't comment on illegal aliens, but the person who is going to the dealer to buy the car for him isn't very smart. They shouldn't do that for anybody, regardless of their immigration status.
rodrik

Postby daviel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 am

I saw a car lot owned by illegals that said "no insurance needed, no driver's license needed".
daviel

Postby reagan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:19 am

Who cares what an illegals wants, he needs to be deported and go home where he belongs.
reagan

Postby rolph » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 am

dear katies: he can,but usually,depending on the dealer,it would be a clunker.soo sorry.
rolph

Next

Return to Car Insurance